1. I was a new teacher, and I gave an honest account of the students’ work.(2014年浙江卷】
2. Only ticket-holders will be admitted into the stadium.(2008江苏）
3. In order to pass the class, among other criteria, we had to write a paper on how we plan to apply what we would learn in class to our future professions.（2018全国I）
4. In the store, I asked each of my kids to pick something they thought our “friend” there would appreciate.（2015全国I）
5. I'd appreciate it if you let me get on with my job.
6. appreciate fine works of art; appreciate Chinese black tea
7. Arm yourself with all the facts you need to argue your case.
8. Sales of arms to the Middle East have dramatically increased.
9. We were badly treated at the camp.
10. Tom was badly ill / injured.
11. The school is badly in need of some new computers.
12. In the spring of 1845, my father read a book about California. This account of the wonderful land beyond the Rocky Mountain gave him the idea to move there.
13. beyond recognition/imagination/expectation/control/repair
14. The whole problem was quite beyond him.
15. Sometimes our mind seems to flow; while sometimes it seems blocked.
16. Walk three blocks and you will find the bank.
17. a block of ice
18. Could you please change the 100-dollar note for me? I need some change to take the bus.
19. When I returned I found a note pinned on the door, saying “Honey, dinner prepared. Have it alone.”
20. Please help me book a ticket to Beijing.
21. During my second year at the city college, I was told that the education department was offering a
22. Don’t get close to the fire.
23. Although they have separated, they still keep in close touch.
24. Pay close attention to what he is doing.
25. It was such a close game that the audience held their curiosity of the result until the last minute.
26. I have to move away. Thank you for your help and company.
27. The hotel charges $125 a night. / We won't charge for delivery if you pay now. / The restaurant charged us £40 for the wine.
28. Demonstrators have charged that the police used excessive force against the law.
29. Charge the new cellphone for 12 hours when you use it for the first time.
30.conduct a research/survey/an experiment/a workshop
31. The tray, and its contents, fell on a man who was just about to take a bite of his sandwich.【2013陕西卷】
32. The total expense of the trip is $3,000, breakfast and bed counted in.
33. The college entrance examination is drawing near. Now every minute counts.
34. For models intelligence quality counts for little against their good looks and tight figures.
35. As mom and Dad realized they could count on me more, our trips became far less stressful, too.
36. It is the ability to do the job that matters, not where you come from or what you do.
37. Australia is the only country in the world that covers an entire continent.
38. Premier’s report covered some hot issues such as the protection of the environment, the relation between the mainland and Taiwan?
39. It is estimated that over 50,000 reporters will be sent to cover the 2008 Olympic Games.
40. The church dates from/back to the 13th century.
41. Is he still dating Sarah?
42. deliver mails, letters, newspapers, packages, goods
43. deliver a speech, lecture
44. Chicago developed into a big city in the late 1800s.
45. Scientists are developing new drugs to treat arthritis.
46. The course is designed to help students develop their speaking skills.
47. The children are beginning to develop a sense of responsibility.
48. develop a sense /awareness/ knowledge of something
49. develop a habit
50. I have two roles of films / pictures to develop.
51. The helicopters are dropping food and medicine to the flooded area.
52. The number of deaths on the roads has dropped sharply.
53. Doctors failed to save the girl's life.
54. His heart is failing.
55. In the maths course, we applied what we learned in class into practice. We built barns and figured out the angles and capacity(容积）. (2004北京卷）
56. While this is a tough problem, you have to figure out creative ways to solve it.
57. I cannot figure out what you are saying./figure out the problem
58. She works for an electronic firm.
59. Make sure the ladder feels firm before you climb up./ a firm desk
60. He does not want to follow his father’s footprint as a doctor.
61. He followed the doctor's advice and had no further trouble.
62. follow the instructions/ road signs/ directions
63. Some state schools follow the example of private schools in asking parents to donate money.
64. The winning party will form the government.
65. Film-goers began to form a line outside the cinema.
66. form a good habit
67. His words freed me from my bad dreams.【2016年新课标三】
68. a gift for languages/sport/art/music
69. They achieved/reached their goal of increasing sales by five percent.
70. We managed two goals at the last ten minutes of the match.
71. All the parks are regularly checked and graded by tourist board inspectors.
72. The teacher is grading papers in his office.
73.The ship was heading for Cuba. / We headed south towards the capital.
74. The interest on the loan(贷款) is 16 % per year.
75. A law has recently been passed to protect consumers’ interest.
76. He invented an interesting story to amuse the kids.
77. Portia acted as a judge in the play The Merchant of Venice.
78. There are normally three judges for the national essay competition.
79. There was half an hour to go before the train leave. So I went to a Internet cafe nearby to kill the time.
80. At my heaviest I weighed 370 pounds. I had a very poor relationship with food: I used it to kill bad feelings, to make myself feel better.（2017天津卷）
81.We all lead busy lives and learning a language takes time. 【2013陕西卷】
82. He very kindly offered me a lift to school.
83. We got stuck in the lift because of the failure of power.
84. I can't get these marks out of my T-shirt.
85. She always gets good marks in tests.
86.Any student who is more than 20 minutes late for class will be marked absent.
87. Carter's 90th birthday will be marked with a large party at the Savoy Hotel.
88. At the age of fifteen, I sensed that this one small change marked something much bigger: my personal change from a cared-for, spoiled child to a more responsible, caring and giving young man.
89. Didn't you see the "No smoking" sign? / street signs
90. Crying is seen as a sign of weakness.
91. There were no signs of forced entry into the house./
92. The scientists are looking for signs of water on the Mars.
93. Bruce made a sign that he was ready to leave.
94. Sign here, please. / The artist signed his name in the corner of the painting.
95. sign an agreement/ a contract /a treaty
96. She signed to us to go inside.
97. He took out a match and lit the fire.
98. The tie is a good match to the shirt.
99. No one can match him in terms of contribution to the company.
100.Now the leaders’ achievement is measured by the citizen’s satisfaction.
101.meet one’s needs/demands/requirements/conditions/standards
102. Dad，the life lessons I have learned from you will stay with me forever. You are my father, teacher, friend and, most importantly, my hero. （2013天津卷】
103. I've always been a nature lover.
104. human nature/ a child with a happy, easy-going nature
105.The nature of iron is different from that of wood.
106. Do you know how to operate the machine?
107.On one of those hot mornings I was picking sweet corn with my dad to fill the last order from the grocery store. 【2013天津卷】
108. Why don't you put an ad in the local paper?
109. While I was organizing Simon's papers I came across his diaries.
110.The first musher, Shannon, picked up the medicine from the train at Nenana and rode all night.【2016年北京卷】
111. We all felt that the chairman had too much power.
112. After the accident she lost the power of speech.
113. Property in the city is beyond the purchasing power of most people.
114. We all got stuck in the lift after the power failed.
115. As shown here, Lainey can become excited about reading when presented with literature on topics that interest her, and when the people around her model involvement in the reading process. 【2016年四川卷】
116. The doctor gently pressed her stomach. / press the button
117. The new president left the public a great impression in the press conference.
118. You promised me the car would be ready on Monday.
119. The dark clouds promise showers later.
120. It is the quality rather than the quantity of the products that matters, which is the key of promoting a nation’s economy.
121. the physical and chemical qualities of the rock/ a person’s qualities
122. To deliver the vaccine(疫苗) to the children who suffered from diphtheria (白喉) was a race against time.
123. She'll be racing against some of the world's top athletes.
124. The school welcomes children of all races.
125. a campaign to raise the awareness of protecting the environment
126. raise money
127. raise a question
128. raise animals
129. raise a family
130. She reached into her bag and produced a business card.
131. He reached down to show his disabled legs.
132. Kelly was shot by the police before he could reached for his gun.
133. reach the goal /point/level/stage
134. reach a decision/agreement
135. within/out of one’s reach
136. He was always ready to help us.
137. I hardly recognized you for you wore a pair of sunglasses.
138. Changjun High School is recognized as one of the top ten high schools across China.
139. In more than five years since Hannah began her activities, she has received a lot of praises. For
example, she received the 2007 BRIC
140. Dad was sleeping next to her, resting his head on his arms .【2014年江西卷】
141. You’d think I’d be very grateful to help her bring the groceries into the house. But I wasn’t. I generally just brought in an armload and left the rest for Mom.
145. He serves in the company as a sales manager.
146. He ordered two coffees, while two teas were served instead.
147. a sharp increase /fall in prices
148. a sharp pain
149. keep a sharp eye
150. a spare tyre
151. Could you possibly spare me a few minutes?
152. The disease spread rapidly among the poor.
153. The fire spread all over the village.
154. A slow smile spread over her face.
155. He spread the map out on the desk.
156. My kids and I were heading into the supermarket over the weekend. On the way, we spotted a man holding a piece of paper that said,”Lost my job. Family to feed.”(2018全国I）
157. 【2014年四川】In fact, they're hard to spot, because they usually fly off when they hear humans approaching.
158. the early stage of a child's development
159. I felt very nervous when I first appeared on the stage.
160. When we bought the house, it was in a terrible state.
161. state-owned / a state-funded community housing project
162. The witness stated that he had not seen the woman before.
163. The government needs to clearly state its policy on possible military action.
164. Still water runs deep.
165. Stay still where you are.
166. The boy is so energetic that he can’t remain still for a minute.
167. Her financial problems were causing her a lot of stress.
168. The report stressed that student math skills need to improve.
169. A heavy truck was winding its way on the highway and my car got stuck behind it.
170. Due to the thick volcano ashes floating in the air, many passenger were stuck at the airport for a week.
171.This combination of healing myself and healing the world struck/hit me as the perfect solution. 【2017·天津卷】// A good idea/A strange thought occurred to you.
172. A big storm struck/hit the coastal area.
173. As usual I helped him carry his bags into his study.【2015.陕西】
174. Opinion polls suggest that only 10% of the population trusts the government.
175. I have a wife and two children to support.
176. She supports her family by teaching evening classes.
177. The moment Kramer walked in, I could tell that things were not going well.（2016天津）
178. Larry was travelling along 165 north after delivering to one of his customers. 【2016年新课标一】
179. Ranni’s friendliness--her warm smile, her nods, her ‘I’m here for you’ attitude’ were all silent signals that didn’t travel through telephone wires.
180. There is a long line here. I am waiting for my turn.
181. In his first years of high school, Gabriel would look pityingly at music students, struggling across the campus with their heavy instrument cases, turning up at school for practice hours before anyone else had to be there. 【2017·江苏卷】
182. The water from the well has a variety of minerals.
183. Even though she was in terrible pain, Mary never lost the will to live.
184. My grandfather left me some money in his will.
185.I took some medicine, but it didn’t work.
186. After work I often work out in school gym.
187.Although it is a tough problems, you have to work it out in time.
1. It runs in the family. Michael's father always helped the poor as he believed it made everyone happier.【2013新课标卷2】
2. We were low in/ short of cash ourselves.(2015全国I)
3. One more look and he noticed flames shooting out from under the disabled vehicle. Larry pulled over, set the brake and got hold of the fire extinguisher (灭火器). Two good bursts from the extinguisher and the fire was put out.（2016全国I）
4. Through the years, I’d run into former students who would provide updates on old classmates. I learned that Freddy did several jobs after his graduation from high school and remained the same caring person I met forty years before . (2017全国II）
5. During my second year at the city college, I was told that the education department was offering a “free” course, called Thinking Chess, for three credits. I jumped at the idea of taking the class because, after all, who doesn’t want to save a few dollars?（2018全国I）
account 账户；描述 admit 承认; 允许进入
apply申请；应用 appreciate 感激；喜欢; 欣赏；品尝
arm 手臂;武器；武装 badly 差，糟糕; 严重；非常
beyond（介词）超越; 在...那边; block街区；堵塞;大块
change 改变；零钱 note笔记，钞票
book 书；订票 course 课程
close 靠近；亲密的；势均力敌 company公司；陪伴
charge 掌管；负责；要价；充电；指控 conduct指挥；进行=carry out
content n. 内容，容量，目录 adj.满足的，满意的 v.使满足；含量
count算；数；重要；依靠 matter n. 事情；v. 要紧
drop 下降；向下投/扔 fail失败；衰竭；未能
figure out 算出；想出；解决 firm坚定的；稳固的；公司
free adj. 免费的; 自由的; 空闲的; v. 释放; 免除; 使自由; 解救;
judge判断；法官 kill 杀死；打发、消磨；去除
lead v.引导，领导；过……的生活 lift举起；电梯；搭载（一程）
meet会见；满足 lesson n. 教训；课
order n. 订单；命令 v. 命令；订购 paper纸；报纸；文件
pick up 拾起，拿起；接载；学会 power能力；权力；电力
present n.礼物 adj.目前的，现在的；出席的 v.赠送；出现；介绍
rest n. 休息; 剩余部分; v. （使） 休息; （使） 倚靠
serve 服务；供职；作...用的；端上(饭菜等） sharp尖锐的；锋利的；剧烈的
spare空暇的；备用的；抽出(时间） spread传播；蔓延; 摊开；涂抹
spot n.地点，斑点， v.认出；发现 stage舞台；阶段
stick(stuck, stuck) 戳；粘贴；困住；stick to 坚持
strike（struck, struck） v.自然灾害侵袭；使某人突然想到； n. 罢工
travel v.旅行；行程；前行；传播 turn转；轮次
turn up调大；现身；到达 well好；水井
work out 想出，制定出；解决；计算出；理解，弄懂；锻炼
1. Gabriel would look pityingly at music students, struggling across the campus with their heavy instrument cases, ___________ at school for practice hours before anyone else had to be there.(2017江苏）
A. rising up B. coming up C. driving up D. turning up
2.After that, feeling the need to explore further, I decided to drop in on one of ASL（美式手语）club’s meetings. I only learned how to _________ the alphabet that day. Yet instead of being discouraged by my slow progress, I was excited.（2017全国II）
A. print B.write C.sign D.count
3. Just last year, I was _________ a workshop when someone knocked at the classroom door. A woman excused the interruption and handed me an envelope. I stopped teaching and opened it up.(2017全国II）
A. observing B. preparing C. designing D. conducting
4. (Miller lost one of his arms in an accident.) One afternoon, I was crossing the field to go home and saw Miller _________ going over a fence—which wasn’t hard to climb if you had both arms.(2016全国III)
A.stuck B. hurt C. tired D. lost
5. In a society that tends to __________ everything in terms of dollars and cents, we learn from a young age to consider the costs of our decisions in financial terms.
A. measure B. suffer C. digest D. deliver
6. I tried being firm, but it didn’t __________ . I saw a dark future for my once sweet daughter.
A. remain B. match C. appear D. work
7. Larry works with Transport Drivers. Inc. One morning in 2009. Larry was ________ along 165 north after delivering to one of his customers. Suddenly, he saw a car with its bright lights on. （2016全国I）
A. walking B. touring C．traveling D．Rushing
9. One morning, I had to __________ an immediate flight home for a family emergency.（2016全国I）
A. arrange B. postpone C. confirm D. book
10. Approaching the vehicle, they saw that a woman was trying to get out of the broken window. They told her to stay ___________ until the emergency personnel arrived, but she thought the car was going to explode. Larry told her that he had already put out the fire and she should not move in case she injured her neck.（2016全国I）
A. quiet B. still C. away D. calm
11.Once fire and emergency people arrived, Larry and the other man ___________ and let them go to work. Then, Larry asked the police if he was needed or free to go. They let him and the other man go.（2016全国I）
A. stepped forward B. backed off C. moved on D. set out
12. My kids and I were heading into the supermarket over the weekend. On the way, we spotted a man holding a piece of paper that said, “Lost my job. Family to Feed .”At this store, a __________like this is not normal. My 10-year-old noticed him and made a comment on how bad it must be to have to stand outside in the cold wind.（2015全国I）
A. condition B. place C. sight D. show
13. This combination of healing myself and healing the world ___________ me as the perfect solution. 【2017·天津卷】
A.scared B. considered C. confused D. struck
14.As began my own personal weight program, I was filled with the fear that I would __________ the same difficulties that beat me before.【2017·天津卷】
28.A. get over B. run into C. look for D. put aside
15. A year later, I _________ my goal: I lost 150 pounds and raised $50,000!【2017·天津卷】
A. set B. reached C. missed D. dropped
16.She coughed and choked and could hardly _________ her first few weeks. 【2016年天津卷】
A. use B. survive C. save D. waste
17.One woman, Mrs. Gilbert, __________Dario’s mother with a book of piano music by Chopin.【2015.北京】
A. treated B. presented C. helped D. served
18.He__________ as he thought of his failure to sell all his papers.【2015.湖北】
A. gave in B. broke down C. got away D. showed up
19.During this period Dale was slowly _________ an inferiority complex (自卑感), which his mother knew could discourage him from achieving his real potential.【2014年江苏卷】
A. gaining B. achieving C. developing D. obtaining
20.When hunting season opened, we put a ___________at the end of our driveway asking hunters not to shoot our pet grouse.【2014年四川】
A. lantern B. sign C. gun D. loudspeaker
21.【2013北京卷】She often sees double and can’t ___________ how far away things are.
A. tell B. guess C. assume D. predict
22. Only then did I truly begin to __________ Dad and his faith that guided us through the hard times. .【2013天津卷】
A. face B. appreciate C. examine D. question
24. Looking around, he continued, “Cathy has inspired us with her firm__________ and enthusiasm. 【2016年天津卷】
A. humor B. will C. honesty D. wisdom
25. It __________ me that playing against the other team was a great learning moment for all the girls on the team.(2015全国II）
A. confused B. hit C. stuck D. warned
26. This combination of healing myself and healing the world ___________ me as the perfect solution.
A. Scared B. considered C. confused D. struck
27. Our family were on a train moving across the country. I watched the (1)_ change from green trees to flat dusty plains to high mountains as I saw strange new plants that (2) mysteries yet to come. Finally, we arrived and (3) into own new home.(湖南卷）
(1) A. picture B. ground C. scene D. area
(2) A. suggested B. solved C. discovered D. explained
(3) A. settled B. walked C. hurried D. stepped
28. How could I explain how I (1) the desert? I couldn't seem to find the right words.
"It's vastness," she offered. “That vastness when you stand on the mountains overlooking the desert -- you can __(2)__ how little you are in comparison with the world. Meanwhile, you feel that the possibilities are limitless.”（湖南卷）
(1) A. found B. examined C. watched D. reached
(2) A. prove B. guess C. sense D. expect